Often overshadowed by other popular cities of Rajasthan like Jaipur and Jaisalmer, is the city of Alwar, which is mesmerising, offbeat, and makes for a perfect day tour. This city in Rajasthan is famous for its rich history, magnificent fort, ruined temples from the medieval period. Alwar is also well known for palaces turned into heritage hotels, lakes, water reserves, Indo-Islamic architecture and the well known Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary. Considering its proximity to Delhi, many tourists often opt for a One Day Delhi to Alwar Trip by Car.
Alwar acts as a vantage point between Delhi and Jaipur and can be easily accessed by both the cities. For people visiting or residing in Delhi, who have a keen interest in history or wildlife, Alwar seems to be the perfect places to visit near Delhi within 200 km. The city has so much to offer that one can make the most of it in their one day Delhi to Alwar tour.
There are many popular places to visit in Alwar. In fact, the city’s rich heritage has also made it feature in various popular Bollywood movies like Karan Arjun, Saajan Chale Sasural etc. Considering it is an offbeat destination in Rajasthan as compared to the other popular cities, this place is calm and away from city life.
Highlights of Delhi to Alwar Tour by Cab
- Full-day Delhi to Alwar Local Sightseeing Tour
- Duration: 10 to 14 hours
- Tour by Private Cab (not shared with others)
- Pickup & Drop: Delhi Hotel / Home
- Places Covered: Bala Quila Fort, City Palace, Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri, Vijay Mandir Palace, Siliserh Lake, Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary and Bhartrihari Temple.
Package Price for 1 Day Delhi to Alwar Sightseeing by Cab
Amaze / Etios / Dzire
4 Seater / Sedan
6 Seater / SUV
6 Seater / SUV
Toyota Innova Crysta
5-6 Seater / SUV
Tempo/ Force Traveller
12 Seater / LCV
12-22 Seater / LCV
Price on Request
Book your 1 Day Delhi to Alwar Tour Package!
Following are the car rental companies that are organizing this private tour, select your preferred vendor from the list, check availability and book your tour!
Are you a Cab vendor? List your company on Oneday.travel
Good to know
- Pick and drop from Hotel / Home in Delhi
- Cab for Alwar sightseeing from Delhi as per the above Itinerary
- Vehicle Parking Charges
- Toll-gate Charges if any
- Driver Batta
What’s not included
- Entry Ticket Fee at tourist places in Alwar
- Breakfast, Lunch or any meal
- Lodging / Accommodation in Alwar
- Vehicle beyond the mentioned time duration
- Vehicle beyond the designated tour route
- Hire a Cab in Delhi for 2 Days
- Hire a Cab in Delhi for 3 Days
- Hire a Cab in Delhi for 4 Days
- Hire a Cab in Delhi for 5 Days
What to Expect on your Alwar Sightseeing Tour from Delhi
The distance from Delhi to Alwar is approximately 150 km and it can be covered in about three hours by private car. Our cabs will arrive at your doorstep by sunrise and we will try to reach Alwar by 9 am. We will cover most of your places of interest in the first half of our one day Delhi to Alwar trip and we will keep the second half for the Safari at Sariska National Park. Our first place of interest would be the Bala Quila Fort or the Alwar fort which stands tall on a hill and gives you a 360-degree view of the city.
From here, we will visit the City Palace, also known as the Alwar Court, which is famous for housing the famous Alwar museum. Next on our itinerary is the Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri, which is right outside the Palace and has a splendid Rajasthani architecture and makes for a great opportunity to take pictures.
Further, we will visit the Vijay Mandir Palace from the outside which is closed for visitors due to an unresolved family dispute, however even the exterior facade is worth visiting. Next, we will visit the Siliserh Lake, where we can spot various birds. If time permits, we can even opt for a boat ride at this lake.
From here we head towards the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary, where we will opt for a Safari ride and will try to spot various wildlife animals. Please note that safari charges are not included in the Delhi to Alwar one day tour package cost. Last but not the least, we will pay our respects at the Bhartrihari Temple which is dedicated to Bhartrihari Baba, who was once the king of Ujjain but later turned into a saint.
This will bring our one day Delhi to Alwar Trip to an end, and our cab will head towards Delhi and will drop you to your place of origin.
Itinerary of One Day Delhi to Alwar Trip
Pickup from your Hotel in Delhi at 7:00 AM
|S.No||Sightseeing Place||Recommended Duration|
|1||Bala Quila Fort||50 minutes|
|2||City Palace||50 minutes|
|3||Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri||30 minutes|
|4||Vijay Mandir Palace||50 minutes|
|5||Siliserh Lake||50 minutes|
|5||Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary||120 minutes|
|5||Bhartrihari Temple||20 minutes|
Drop back at your Hotel in Delhi by 11:00 PM
PLEASE NOTE: Guests can visit all the tourism places in Alwar listed above or remove any of the places that they don’t want to visit. In order to include any other sightseeing place, guests can check with their cab provider while booking this Delhi to Alwar sightseeing tour by private car.
- One Day Delhi to Jaipur Trip by Cab
- One Day Delhi to Agra Trip by Cab
- One Day Delhi to Mathura & Vrindavan Trip by Cab
- One Day Delhi to Haridwar & Rishikesh Trip by Cab
- One Day Delhi to Haridwar Trip by Cab
- One Day Delhi to Rishikesh Trip by Cab
- One Day Delhi Local Sightseeing Trip by Cab
Places to visit in Alwar in one day by private car from Delhi
Below are the list of sightseeing places to visit with our Delhi to Alwar same day tour:
Bala Quila Fort
Nestled in the steep hill of the Aravallis, at an elevation of 1000 feet is the Bala Quila Fort which is also popularly known as the Alwar Fort. Stretched over a distance of 5 km in length and 1.6 km in width, this fort’s magnanimous size, that denotes the valour of the kings who built it, makes it a must-visit during your One Day Delhi to Alwar Trip by private cab. Various dynasties including the Khanzadas, Mughals, Pathans and Jats have ruled over this fort.
Despite not being preserved like its counterparts in Delhi or Jaipur, it has a raw charm that makes the experience both memorable and unique.
There are 6 gates to the fort namely the Jai Pol, Suraj Pol, Laxman Pol, Chand Pol, Krishen Pol and Andheri Gate, however, it is only the Laxman Pol that can be accessed by cars. The entry into the fort is via the forest department as it falls under the EcoZone, one can even spot various peacocks and Sambar deer on their way. In the main complex, one can even spot an old cannon made from alloy and various small temples, some of them being the Sita Ram temple, Top Wale Hanuman Ji Temple and Chakradhari Hanuman temple.
- Must See / Things to Do: One must witness the panoramic view of the sprawling city from here that’s definitely going to be the highlight of your Alwar tour.
- Timings: Open on all days of the week from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Recommended Duration: 1 Hour
- Entry Fee: Free
After our visit to the Bala Quila Fort, we will visit the City Palace which is right below it. It is also popularly known as the Vinay Vilas Mahal. Constructed in the 18th century by Raja Bakhtayar Singh, this palace has now been converted into a government office cum museum.
While the ground floor has offices, the first floor boasts of a museum that is adorned with various historic artefacts such as weapons, swords, paintings, furniture, apparels etc. This allows you to know more about the Rajputs and Mughals who resided in Alwar.
The architecture of the building is constructed in the typical Indo-Islamic style, adopting designs both from the Rajputs and the Mughals. The building is painted yellow in colour and has small windows and turquoise doors that appeal to most tourists.
- Must See / Things to Do: There is a Golden Durbar Hall within the palace, where one can spot a golden colour velvet throne. One must also closely look at the ceilings which have detailed mural and mirror work.
- Timings: Open on all days of the week except Friday from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Recommended Duration: 30 Minutes
- Entry Fee: Rs.3 for the Museum
Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri
A very popular element in the Rajasthani style of architecture is the presence of a ‘Chhatri’. Undoubtedly, Alwar also boasts of various such structures and one popular one Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri. It is the royal cenotaph of Maharaja Bakhtawar Singh and his Queen Rani Moosi, after which this monument is named.
This double-storeyed cenotaph is placed right outside the City Palace and is constructed using red sandstone and white marble.
- Must See / Things to Do: Various characters from the Indian Mythology and intricate designs are carved within the walls of the monument which can be explored. There is a small water body adjoining the chhatri, which has other smaller chhatris.
- Timings: Open on all days of the week from sunrise to sunset
- Recommended Duration: 20 Minutes
- Entry Fee: Free
Vijay Mandir Palace
The Vijay Mandir Palace was built by Maharaja Jai Singh who was highly fond of art, magnificent architecture and palaces. This place is closed for visitors, however, one can take a glance at it from the outside, which in itself is a sight to hold. The Palace boasts 105 rooms and the exterior facade of the Palace glitters with its royal charm.
The palace is surrounded by a lake on one side and gardens on the others, which adds to the grandeur of the Palace.
- Must See / Things to Do: There is a Sita Ram temple in its complex which can be visited during your Alwar Tour. It is said that the palace gets crowded with temple devotees during Ram Navami.
- Timings: Open on all days
- Recommended Duration: 10 Minutes
- Entry Fee: Free
A famous picnic spot in Alwar is the Siliserh Lake, which was originally constructed to provide water to the residents of the city. The massive size of the lake that spreads over 7 square kilometres and is surrounded by Aravalis makes it a sight to hold.
One can even spot a Palace in its backdrop which is known by the Siliserh Lake Palace which has been converted into a heritage property by the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation.
Considering it’s a lesser-known gem, the lake doesn’t attract a heavy crowd which allows you to enjoy nature in peace. One can even spot different kinds of birds who flock around the lake and are loved by birdwatchers.
- Must See / Things to Do: One can enjoy a boat ride at the Siliserh Lake which takes you around the lake, but the boat drivers steer clear of the places where there are chances of finding crocodiles. There is also a refreshment centre where one can enjoy beverages and snacks.
- Timings: Open all day.
- Recommended Duration: 45 Minutes
- Entry Fee: Free
Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary
The most prominent place of interest during our One Day Delhi to Alwar Trip by Car would be the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary, which attracts most tourists to visit this ancient town in Rajasthan.
Popular for the Sariska Tiger Reserve Project, this sanctuary sprawls over an area of 800 sq km, and in fact, is even larger than the commercialised Ranthambore National Park. This sanctuary hosts one of the top tiger reserves in India. As one takes the jeep safari into the sanctuary, one can see stretches of grasslands, dry deciduous forests with the prominent ‘Dhok tree’, small cliffs and rocky patches.
Within the sanctuary are various temples including the Neelkanth Mahadeo Temple which despite being in ruins is a must-visit during your same day Delhi to Alwar Trip. The 17th-century ‘Kankwari’ fort that too can be passed by during your Safari ride. It is advisable to book the Safari ride in advance.
- Must See / Things to Do: We will take the afternoon slot of the safari which begins at 2 pm. Carrying a binocular is advisable to spot various wildlife such as leopard, sambhar, chital, nilgai, four-horned antelope, wild boar, rhesus macaque, langur, hyena etc. If one is lucky, one can also spot a tiger or its cubs that are present in quantified numbers in the park.
- Timings: Open every day from May Till October 6 A.M. to 3:30 pm
- Recommended Duration: 2-3 Hour
- Entry Fee: Rs.60 entry fee. Safari charges are additional.
Located very close to the Sariska National Park is the Bhartrihari Temple which is a temple dedicated to Bhartrihari Baba who was once the ruler of Ujjain. It is said that the king renounced his family and the materialistic world to become a Yogi. Years later, when he returned as a Baba asking for ‘Bhiksha’, his wife wished him an immortal life which is when he truly became a person with magical powers.
Many devotees often visit here to be blessed by Baba, who is one of the few revered spiritual leaders of Rajasthan.
- Must See / Things to Do: One must pay attention to the temple’s Rajasthani style of architecture. One can spot floral motifs and mandaps in the walls and pillars here.
- Timings: Open on all days from Sunrise to Sunset
- Recommended Duration: 10 Minutes
- Entry Fee: Free
Things to Do on your Alwar Tour from Delhi by Car
What to Eat during your Same Day Delhi to Alwar Trip by Cab
A trip to any city in Rajasthan isn’t complete without gorging onto the famous Dal Baati Churma, which is also a must-have during your one day Alwar Trip.
Additionally, one must also try Moong Dal Halwa, and Sweet or Salted Lassi from local shops that are few of the best delicacies of Alwar. The city is also popular for Milk Cake, an Indian sweet which you can take back to Delhi for your friends and family.
What to Shop during your One Day Delhi to Alwar Tour by Car
The historic city of Alwar is famous for its Bazaars namely the Baazaza Bazar, Churi Market and the Malakhera Bazar. In these Bazars, one can shop for the folk dresses and accessories of Rajasthan. One can also shop for handicraft items, household items like crockery, rugs, copperware etc. There are also various traditional styled silver shops from where one can purchase silver Rajasthani style jewellery.
Terms & Conditions
Travelers are requested to follow the given itinerary for 1 Day Delhi to Alwar Sightseeing tour package. Ideally this same day Alwar tour package from Delhi can not be customized, however if guests prefer to visit different set of places in Alwar tour, they can check the possibility of the same with the listed car rental companies and request for a custom quote.
The time spent on each Alwar and nearby tourist attraction is to be followed as per the Itinerary schedule. In case of any delays or additional time spent at a particular place, driver or car rental company will not be responsible to cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary.
Please also note that if a particular Alwar sightseeing place is closed on the scheduled day of the tour, it will not be covered from the list of sightseeing places. Please check the possibility of visiting an alternate place with cab vendor before you book the tour.
Ideally, no. However you can check with listed Delhi cab vendors before booking the tour on any possibility to customize the tour. Additional charges might apply.
A road trip from Delhi to Alwar with mustard fields on both sides would surely be enchanting. The city will give you the perfect break, away from the maddening city rush. Book a cab with car rental vendors listed on oneday.travel who will make sure to add comfort to your trip.
You can choose from a range of hatchbacks, sedans and SUVs for your journey as per your need and comfort. Professional cab drivers who are well versed in the local language will help you unveil more about Alwar in your one-day city tour. Do not wait, book now and have a great day exploring Alwar.