Lonavala, a town and a hill station located 64 kilometers from Pune and 96 kilometers from Mumbai is hailed as one of the most famous tourist destinations in India. Apart from being famous for attracting tourists owing to its natural beauty, it is also known for its production of the hard candy, chikki. The hill station, along with its neighboring hill station, Khandala, covers an area of thirty-eight square kilometers.
Our one day Lonavala local sightseeing tour is ideal for travelers who like the calm and have an eye for natural beauty. The trip promises you a recluse far away from the overbearing crowd and will help to calm your nerves. Lonavala falls on the Mumbai – Pune Expressway and this makes for a smooth ride to Lonavala, one that you will cherish forever.
Overview of 1 Day Lonavala Sightseeing Tour
One Day Lonavla Local Sightseeing Trip
The best time to visit Lonavala is from October to March as the autumn and winter months are especially beautiful. However, this is also one destination that remains pleasant throughout the year and many people prefer the monsoon season to make a trip here as the clouds descend low and the weather is beautifully misty.
Our one day local sightseeing tour to Lonavala will serve as a treat to not just your eyes but also your soul as we have selected the best possible destinations for you. Our one-day sightseeing tour includes a visit to over 13 breathtaking destinations that will fill you with awe and these include the Karla Caves, Lohagad Fort, Tiger’s Leap and Rajmachi Point, etc..
You will be exploring the town in our private rental cabs which are GPS-enabled, air conditioned and driven by professional, experienced drivers.
Highlights of One Day Lonavala Local Trip
- Full-day Lonavala Local Sightseeing Tour
- Duration: 9 to 10 hours
- Tour by Private Cab (not shared with others)
- Pickup & Drop: Lonavala Bus Stop / Hotel
- Places Covered: Lions Point, Shooting Point, Tiger’s Leap, Bushi Dam, Lonavala Lake, Ryewood Park, Wax Museum, Rajmachi Point, Duke’s Nose Point, Lohagad Fort, Bhaja Caves, Karla Caves, Sunset Point
Package Price for 1 Day Lonovala Local Sightseeing by Cab
4 Seater / Hatchback
Indigo / Etios / Dzire
4 Seater / Sedan
Innova / Xylo
7 Seater / SUV
Tempo Traveller (A/C)
12 Seater / Mini Bus
Book this 1 Day Lonavala City Tour Package!
Following are the car rental companies that are organizing this private tour, select your preferred vendor from the list, check availability and book your tour!
Are you a Cab vendor? List your company on Oneday.travel
1 Day Itinerary of Lonavala Local Sightseeing Tour Package
Pickup from your Home / Hotel in Lonavala at 9:00 AM
|S.No||Sightseeing Place||Recommended Duration|
|1||Lions Point||20 minutes|
|2||Shooting Point||15 minutes|
|3||Tiger’s Leap||30 minutes|
|4||Bushi Dam||40 minutes|
|5||Lonavala Lake||30 minutes|
|6||Ryewood Park||30 minutes|
|7||Lonavala Wax Museum||30 minutes|
|8||Rajmachi Point||20 minutes|
|9||Duke’s nose Point||20 minutes|
|10||Lohagad Fort||50 minutes|
|11||Bhaja caves||40 minutes|
|12||Karla Caves||50 minutes|
|13||Sunset Point||20 minutes|
Drop back at your Home / Hotel in Lonavala by 6:30 PM
PLEASE NOTE: Guests can visit all the Lonavala tourism places listed above or remove any of the places that they don’t want to visit.
Detailed Guide: Places to Visit with One Day Lonavala Sightseeing Tour by Car
1. Lions Point
If you are looking for a panoramic view of the city of Lonavala, Lion’s Point is where you must head. It is the best places to start with on your one day Lonavala local sightseeing tour.
Located only at a small distance from the Tiger’s Point, it gives you an aerial view of the Tungarli Lake & Tungarli Dam. One can also spot various small yet serene waterfalls located at a distance from here.
The drive up to the viewpoint with its sharp bends is thrilling and the lush green landscapes will definitely be loved by all kinds of travellers.
- Must See / Things to Do: Walk a few steps away from the point and go slightly up to get an uninterrupted view of the Sahyadri. You can also indulge in hill station favourite food items here or even buy pottery that’s inspired by the tribal culture of the neighbouring villages.
2. Shooting Point
Second on your list is the Shooting Point. Shooting point provides a fantastic aerial view of the Rajmachi Fort and the entire valley. Various Bollywood movies were shot here which is how this viewpoint got its name.
Most tourists often come here to recreate scenes from the movies that were shot here. Undoubtedly, this place also has great views to take beautiful photographs.
- Must See / Things to Do: Indulge in a glass of lemon water or indulge in dry munchies and sit by the viewpoint to experience the pristine views of the valley.
3. Tiger’s Leap
Tiger’s Leap, which is also famously known as Tiger’s Point, is situated at a distance of 12 kilometers from Lonavala Railway Station. It is known for its scenic view as it is situated at Kurvande, on the route towards Aamby Valley from Lonavala. One of the most important features of our one-day Lonavala sightseeing package is the Tiger’s point which will be a once in a lifetime experience.
Tiger’s Point is a cliff- top with a sheer drop of over 650m, offering a wide view of the hills. Legend has it that a tiger leaped from here while chasing the Maratha king, Shivaji. Tiger’s Point will also treat your eyes to the views of forests, lush greenery, waterfalls and lakes which surround the place.
There’s also a small waterfall near this viewpoint, and tourists often indulge in adventure activities like rafting, when the flow of the stream is medium. Our day local sightseeing tour will take you up till INS Shivaji after which you enjoy a trek of about 1.6 km up to Tiger’s Leap.
- Must See / Things Do:: Visit this spot towards the evening as the sunset is a mesmerizing time here, perfect for getting some stunning clicks!
4. Bushi Dam
Bushi Dam is one of those spots that’s going to make the trip enjoyable, recreational, fun and mesmerising. It was officially built by the Central Railways to be able to provide water for the steam engines of the trains.
However, now it has become a popular tourist spot for travellers to swim in its water, especially during the monsoons, when water is overflowing from the dam. With the view of the Sahyadri mountains, the experience gets all the more enchanting.
It is advisable for tourists to carry an extra pair of clothes so that they don’t miss out on this thrilling adventure. There are trial rooms that are made available by the locals for a small fee.
Must See / Things to Do: Eat Potato fries, vada pav and sip hot ginger tea to make the most of your visit to the Bhushi Dam.
5. Lonavala Lake
Surrounded by mountains, Lonavala Lake is one of the most scenic spots of Lonavala, especially during Monsoons and Winters. One can either sit by the lake or take a stroll around its shore to truly experience this natural beauty.
Various food stalls selling vada pav, smoked corn, tea etc can be found in its vicinity and one can even arrange for a small picnic here. It is situated slightly on the outskirts and is encompassed with lush green surroundings. Its peaceful and mesmerising ambience is why you must visit it during your Lonavala Local Sightseeing Trip.
- Must See / Things to Do: Lonavala Lake is going to get all bird lovers hooked. One can spot various birds and raptors in good numbers here. Bird Photography is also a very popular activity at this sightseeing point.
6. Ryewood Park
Ryewood Park is Lonavala’s largest park that’s spread over twenty-five acres. It is named after a British officer, Mr Rye who was very fond of nature. What attracts most tourists to the park is the large variety of flowers and trees that can be explored during their 1 Day Lonavala Local Sightseeing Trip.
This botanical garden turned park is also popular amongst families because of the presence of a children’s park and a Lord Shiva Temple.
- Must See / Things to Do: Take a walk, let the children enjoy a swing, and pray and meditate at the small temple.
7. Lonavala Wax Museum
India’s first one of its kind museum that created portraits of famous Indian and International celebrities is the wax museum in Lonavala. This museum that’s built by the famous artist, Mr Sunil was opened in 2005, long before Madame Tussauds came to India.It is located inside the Square Mall in Lonavala and takes you through an interactive experience.
- Must See / Things to Do: If you are star-struck, do take pictures with your favourite life-like wax statues of celebrities here. Some popular statues are of cricketer, Sachin Tendulkar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Freedom Fighter Mahatma Gandhi and Bollywood celebrities like Sonu Sood, Salman Khan etc.
8. Rajmachi Point
Our Lonavala tour by private cab will end with a visit to the famous Rajmachi Point, one of the historical sites which will serve as an avenue for trekking and outdoor camping and not to forget, the serene view. Rajmachi Point is a fort located at the hills of Sahyadri mountains in the Western Ghats.
If you are a nature lover or you have an undying hankering for trekking and outdoor camping, Rajmachi Point is the best place for you. Your trip to Rajmachi Point will help you mix with the local people of the region as the local families provide food and camping accommodation to the tourists.
- Must See / Things Do:: We highly recommend you to indulge in a conversation with the local people from the neighborhood of Rajmachi to imbibe the vibe of the place and to understand the ways of their lives.
9. Duke’s Nose Point
A trip to Lonavala isn’t complete without visiting the Duke’s Nose Point. Named after the Duke of Wellington, it is said that this point struck a close resemblance to the Duke’s Pointed Nose. It is also known as Nagphani as the cliff is shaped like that of a hooded snake.
One can even spot this point very clearly from the expressway when driving from Mumbai to Lonavala.
- Must See / Things to Do: Hike your way up to the top where you can also spot a small temple. Do Note to carry water and snacks as there aren’t shacks or restaurants available.
10. Lohagad Fort
Lohagad Fort, which is famously known as the Iron Fort, is one of the most visited and celebrated historical sites of Maharashtra. Lohagad is part of the Western Ghats and the fort has a height of 1,033m above sea level which makes for a great view of surrounding hills and hamlet. Apart from evoking an experience of our past glory, the resplendence of the Fort will leave you spellbound. The fort is situated on the Western Ghats and due to that, you are promised a mesmerizing weather to add to the fun.
Our one-day local sightseeing tour of Lonavla would recommend you to avoid visiting the fort during monsoons as the top of the fort gets covered with mist and clouds and becomes wet with growing moss. The roads that lead to the fort become slippery and it becomes dangerous to walk.
- Must See / Things Do: If you are into trekking, you could also trek your way up to the fort and you would find many other fellow trekkers doing the same.
11. Bhaja Caves
Much like the Karla caves are the Bhaja caves which are a group of twenty-two rock-cut caves. These caves were formed as early as the second century, and its remains can be seen even today.
This archaeological site is popular for being the home to various Buddhist monks and one can even spot a group of 14 stupas, five inside the caves and 9 outside the caves.
There are various carvings on the walls that unveil more about those times. The most popular one is that of a tabla, a musical instrument and of a woman playing it.
- Must See / Things Do: The most popular cave is the Chaitya which has a horseshoe-shaped arched entrance with wooden ceilings. One can even find the various sculptures of men, women with tribal jewellery and headrest that attracts most tourists during their one day Lonavala Local Sightseeing Trip.
12. Karla Caves
A one day trip to Lonavala is incomplete without a visit to the Karla Caves. We’ve all read about the Karla Caves and their historic significance in our history textbooks but the bland description will come to life when you behold the Karla Caves in front of your eyes. You will be unable to hold yourself from gaping at the architecture that dates back to the 5th century BC.
The Karla Caves are a complex of ancient Buddhist Indian rock-cut caves temple at Karli, which is 11 kilometers from Lonavala. These shrines are believed to have been developed over the period of 2nd century BC to 5th century AD. This place is extremely famous, owing to its historical details and grandeur. Karla caves receive an influx of tourists all-round the year who flock to the place to witness its magnificence.
- Must See / Things Do: Pay special attention to the famous Grand Chaitya (Cave Number six) which is celebrated as the largest and most completely preserved Chaitya hall of the period and is also known for containing huge quantities of fine sculpture.
13. Sunset Point
Located on a slightly higher elevation is the Sunset Point which we will visit as we draw close to the evening. We can watch the sun sleep and the blue sky mixed with hues of orange with beautiful mountains at the backdrop.
This point is also famous for providing various trails for small hikes and treks, some even leading to enchanting and unexplored waterfalls.
Must See / Things Do: Indulge in a camel ride which a must-do in Lonavala.
With us, you will be able to experience the true beauty of Lonavala to the fullest and it will surely be a memorable trip!
Pawna Lake (Addon Place)
Pawna Lake is an artificial lake formed by the water of Pawna Dam and is situated 10km from Lohagad Fort. Our one-day tour package to Lonavala includes Pawna Lake because it is known for its scenic beauty.
The Lake will not only help you experience a calm like never before, but also allow you to rediscover nature’s beauty. This place is loved by both adults and children alike as adults get a place to relax and children get an open space to play.
At Pawna Lake, you can indulge in activities like camping and experience the street food. The lake will serve as a resting place for you and will replenish you with energy to enjoy the rest of the trip.
- Must See / Things Do:: We highly recommend you to experience camping at this site and indulge in mouthwatering barbeque beside the lake. You could also end the trip with Pawna Lake and spend the night here and enjoy the starry night.
With us, you will be able to experience the true beauty of Lonavala to the fullest and it will surely be a memorable trip!
- Pick and drop from Bus Stop / Hotel in Lonavala
- Selected Cab for Lonavala sightseeing as per the above Itinerary
- Vehicle Parking Charges
- Toll-gate Charges if any
- Driver Batta
- Entry Ticket Fee at tourist places in Lonavala
- Breakfast, Lunch or any meal
- Lodging / Accommodation in Lonavala
- Vehicle beyond the mentioned time duration
- Vehicle beyond the designated tour route
Terms & Conditions
Travelers are requested to follow the given itinerary for 1 Day Lonavala Local Sightseeing tour package. Ideally this 1 day Lonavala local sightseeing tour package cannot be customized,
The time spent on each Lonavala tourist attraction is to be followed as per the Itinerary schedule. In case of any delays or additional time spent at a particular place, driver or car rental company will not be responsible to cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary.
Please also note that if a particular Lonavala sightseeing place is closed on the scheduled day of the tour, it will not be covered from the list of sightseeing places. Please check the possibility of visiting an alternate place with cab vendor before you book the tour.
Check our array of sightseeing tour packages from Mumbai that have been diligently crafted to suit every traveler’s interest and need.